Saturday, March 22, 2014

CCNP Switch Passed!

My revenge was served cold well today after I finally passed CCNP switch on my second try!



Let me just say "Try as many practice exams as possible!"
Test is a test after all, what we are tested is based on what examiner wants us to know. And not all the knowledge we are required to know for the test is useful on actual operations. So getting used to as many as practice exams as possible will help you pass the test though it may not be helping you on your actual operation.

Below are free practice exam methods I have used for CCNP switch and found them useful.

a. Certprepare
http://www.certprepare.com/
Amazing. It has lots of practice sims and example questions.

b. GNS3 Labs | CCNP | CCNA Labs
http://commonerrors.blogspot.jp/search/label/CCNP%20labs
If you become excited looking through this web page, I suppose you are ready to go.
This page provides you with lots of lab questions.

c. Ping-T
http://ping-t.com/
If you are Japanese and network engineer, I guess you are already familiar with this astonishing page.
Though you need to subscribe and pay a decent amount to fully utilize this amazing page, it can help you get used to the actual test and provides you with questions and detailed descriptions.


Luckily I got a chance to take the test twice, I noticed most of the questions on the test are fixed. I mean they gave me the same lab questions and the same simulations as the first one on my second try. Here is the list.

1. VLAN, STP, VTP, Etherchannel Sim
2. dot1x and VACL Sim
3. VLAN routing and EIGRP
4. HSRP multiple questions Sim


If you are new to switch area or have forgot most of the things you had learned on CCNA (my case), I recommend to start up from watching the video of our teacher Eli, "Understanding Switches".



No comments:

Post a Comment